Real Time Fraud Alerts
In an ongoing protection effort, Real Time Fraud Alerts is an added new feature to your debit card. A SMS/text message or automated phone call will notify you almost immediately upon a potential fraudulent transaction on your debit card. Through Real Time Fraud Alerts, you will have the ability to validate or deny the transaction.
How do Real Time Fraud Alerts work?
- If your debit card transaction is denied due to a potential fraudulent transaction, you will receive either a SMS/text message or an automated phone call with near instantaneous feedback as to why that transaction was denied.
- Your Financial Institution automatically detects whether the phone number is a landline or a mobile. The first option is an SMS/text message, and the fallback is an automated phone call.
- You will be able to reply accepting or denying the transaction via SMS/text message or automated phone call.
- If you validate the transaction, you will be able to continue to use your debit card without further interruption. After 5 minutes, please attempt the transaction again.
The number that will be displayed is 33748.
“FreeMsg: XYZ Financial Institution Fraud Dept: Did you make a charge $22.22 processed at Julie’s Jewelry Store with an acct ending in 1234. If Yes reply “YES”, If No reply “NO” “.
- If you reply back to the SMS/text message with “YES”, you may to continue to use your debit card with no concern.
- If you reply back to the SMS/text message with “NO”, your debit card will be blocked. To order a new card or dispute charges, contact your Financial Institution.
- For any additional questions or concerns regarding fraud alerts, please contact your Financial Institution.
The number that will be displayed is 1-877-230-3179.
- Once you complete the cardholder verifcation process, you will be asked if you made the transaction. You will respond “YES” by pressing 1 and “NO” by pressing 2.
- If you reply “YES”, you will hear the following: “Thank you for verifying the transaction as valid. Please attempt your purchase again in 5 minutes. If you experience issues please contact your Financial Institution. Thank you and goodbye.”
- If you reply “NO”, you will hear the following: “Thank you. Your card is now blocked. To order a new card and dispute charges please contact your Financial Institution. If you have questions or concerns, please press 1 to speak to an agent.”