At Peoples Bank we know how important it is to have a trusted partner helping you make wise decisions about your money and investments, protecting you from fraud and deceitful business practices. We would like to be that partner! In order to better assist you, Peoples Bank has provided certain Financial Links of interest below.
- Simple, Safe, Smart Ways to Manage Your Money
Getting paid. Paying bills. Buying things. Writing checks. For the last 30 years, electronic payments have been simplifying these activities. Some of the most common types of electronic payments are processed through the Automated Clearing House (ACH) network, including Direct Deposit, Direct Payment, and check conversion.This site was created to help you understand these three types of electronic payments. You’ll learn how to benefit from them, how to get started, and what protections are in place to keep your money safe.
- How to Avoid Check Fraud – All you want to know about Check Fraud. Provides information regarding types of Check Fraud, how to combat check fraud, forgery, and counterfeit checks, tips on how you can prevent check fraud. Provides links to other informational sites.
- What is Direct Deposit? – Direct Deposit is the electronic transfer of a payment from a company or organization into the checking or savings account of an employee, retiree, taxpayer, or shareholder.
- Electronic Check Conversion Information – The next time you write a check to your local merchant, the cashier may hand it back to you after the payment has been processed – electronically. Or maybe you’re mailing a check as payment to a company. That payment, too, may be processed electronically. This Federal Trade Commission article explains Electronic Check Conversion, as well as gives suggestions about keeping your information secure.
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation – An independent agency created by Congress in 1933, the FDIC supervises banks, insures deposits up to $250,000 and helps maintain a stable and sound banking system.
- Avoid Identity Theft – How can someone steal your identity? Identity theft occurs when someone uses your personal information such as your name, Social Security number, credit card number or other identifying information, without your permission to commit fraud or other crimes.
- Federal Trade Commission for the Consumer – Education is a key tool to prevent consumer injury. On this website, you’ll find publications with advice on avoiding scams and rip-offs, as well as tips on other consumer topics.
- Kelley Blue Book Pricing Guide – In support of the tagline, guiding the car buyer, kbb.com gives consumers choices of ways to buy and sell cars, get financing, insurance, etc.
- NADA Vehicle Pricing Guide – For over 70 years, N.A.D.A. Appraisal Guides has been America’s largest publisher of used vehicle values.
- Social Security Online – The official website of the United States Social Security Administration.
- Stay Safe Online Tips – Securing your personal computer plays a crucial role in protecting our nation’s Internet infrastructure. This web site is designed to give you the information needed to secure your home or small business computer.
- Purchase U.S.Savings Bonds – TreasuryDirect is the first and only financial services website that lets you buy and redeem securities directly from the U.S. Department of the Treasury in paperless electronic form.
- See your Free Credit Report available under Federal law at “AnnualCreditReport.com” in seconds. – Use this site to SEE what’s in your credit report, who put it there, and who’s been looking at it so you can make sure everything is accurate.
Please remember… Links to other web sites found here are provided to assist in locating information. The mere fact that there is a link between this web site and another does not constitute a product or program endorsement by Peoples Bank or its employees. The bank has no responsibility for content of the web sites found at these links, or beyond, and does not attest to the accuracy or propriety of any information located there.